Sunday, June 04, 2006

Maiden Voyage Jackson Missouri

I pulled in to my lot and told my 70 something mother to unhook the car. I had my visor down so I was watching the monitor. I saw my mother, her upper half was draped over the hood of the car, and her little legs were kind of dangling. I thought, “What the hell is that crazy woman doing?” Just then, I heard “help me.” So Lesson Number One: When unhooking your car make sure you have the emergency brake engaged.

Lesson Number Two: Always keep in mind that you do have a cab over. I am sure Gulfstream will send the parts to the body shop. What Tree?

Lesson Number Three: When putting the fuse back in the car, the doors will lock. It’s not wise to put the fuse in when you have the car in Neutral, the keys in, and fortunately, I did have the emergency brake engaged. All the doors will lock. This leads into Lesson 4.

Lesson Number Four: When you find you keys locked in your vehicle; remember to call On Star before you call the locksmith.

Lesson Number Five: Stay off Hwy 160 in Missouri when towing a car. One of the road signs looked like someone’s intestines.

Lesson Number Six: Never spray hose your dog's rear end. It was a gentle spray but poor old Surely screamed like a woman.

Lesson Number Seven: Always buy your RV from a reputable dealer. Good Bye Gulfstream, hello Holiday Rambler.

Lesson Number Eight: Secure all windows, including the emergency exit windows before you go on the road.

Lesson Number Nine: Sewer hoses leak but not necessarily on the ground. EWWWWW Check and maintain your hoses. Keep worm clamps on hand.

Lesson Number Ten: Always keep spare cotter pins. It is not fun to line up your car, get it ready to hook up and realize you are missing a cotter pin.

Lesson Number Eleven: Always keep spare fuses for your car. Again, you unhook your car, put in the fuse, and it won't start. Dead fuse. You hook your car back up to the RV...

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...