Monday, July 10, 2006

Updates

July 7th

It’s a quiet peaceful night, and I am listening to Lisa Thiel’s “Journey To The Goddess.”

Today we had the satellite installed. They couldn’t put the equipment in the place I wanted so they put it in the only kitchen cabinet we have. Mom is not pleased with the location They asked me if I bought my RV at a “scratch and dent” sale because of the dent.

When I drove the RV home, I captured the attention of my neighbors. Two men came out on the porch to watch me back up the RV on blocks. I thought they were all going to fall off the porch when I turned on the satellite. I turned it on in the RV and then went outside to hook up and that is when I noticed them leaning over the porch watching the top of my roof. Then a couple more came out to watch. I just knew one of them was either going to grab a gun or call the police and tell them I was communicating with Martians. After hooking up, I realized I was not going to find a signal because it is so cloudy. I switched it off and it folded up and tucked itself in its little bed. Isn’t technology amazing? Later on in the evening, I came down and flipped it on in hopes of acquiring a signal. The technicians that installed it failed to tell me it illuminated in a wonderful blue light. It was so cool I sat in the darkness watching it as it tried to find a signal. That is when I noticed the same neighbors all watching out the window. Then they turned off their lights and stood in the darkness marveling at the wonderful blue lights that the satellite gave off. These people need to get a life. They are the same neighbors that thought I was spying on them when I stepped out with my camera to take macro shots of the Queen Anne Lace that was growing on the bank.

Scott and his friends left this morning and they did a wonderful job of cleaning the house. They did the laundry and someone of them even changed the stairwell light bulb. They left three cans of beer but took the bikini.
The Spirit of the plants has come to me
In the form of a beautiful dancing green woman
Her eyes filled me with peace
Her dance filled me with peace
The Spirit of the plants has come to me
And has blessed me with great peace
Her eyes fill me with peace
Her dance filled me with peace
The Spirit of the plants has come to me
In the form of a beautiful cancing green woman
~Lisa Thiel~

On that note….. Good Night.

July 8, 2006

We are getting closer to our scheduled leave date. Mom is getting butterflies. I broke down and bought an external hard drive. I have a lot of CDs and decided to take just a few.

When I moved in with my parents to help mom care for dad I stopped listening to my music. I listened to mom’s music but rarely ever took my CDs out of the box. I added to my collection but still I wouldn’t play them. Now that time has come to sort through and decide what to take with me I realized I how missed my music.

I don’t know why I stopped listening to my music but it would irritate mom when I refused to play them. In retrospect I think it is because they are mine. Not in the selfish sense of the word though. I have music I would play rock concert loud and would dance around the room with the curtains closed. Rock star Pepper playing air guitar and singing loudly and off key. I have music that I would sing to my children when they were babies and that was special time. Memories will creep back when I played these tunes of baby smells, tiny hands, and sweet kisses on a sleepy baby’s forehead. I have music that takes me back to the time I was a small child and complications were few. “I Will Follow Him” is one of my childhood songs. Were you expecting Disney Tunes? Songs from my teenage years make me smile because of the drama. “I learned the truth at 17 that love was meant for beauty queens…” I have stories and memories in these cases that are priceless. When I played them it will take me back to those times and it isn’t sadness that I feel but joy and smiles. Okay I will admit to a few tears. Right now “Paint Me A Birmingham” is playing. What is so special about that song? It was playing on the radio and a little girl was singing to it. Only she misunderstood the lyrics and was saying “Paint me a bunny ham.” These are my memories and my times that I keep tucked in my memory and the song brings it back. There are memories I don’t wish to share, to embarrass to share, and I am frightened that if I do share it will sound silly and trite. To quote a Trisha Yearwood song “the song remembers when.” How true.

Today
I am still unable to get on the net. I can for only short periods of time. more later

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...