Sunday, August 13, 2006

New Madrid and Malden Missouri

We went to New Madrid Missouri. It is a small town whose history includes the earthquake of 1812. We went through the museum that was located by the river. That was something that we really enjoyed.

We decided to find a sit down restaurant and that lead to us getting lost. I will make this admission; I can’t find my way out of a bucket. If I don’t have clear instructions I will be wandering aimlessly around for hours. Sometime that is a good thing because we find out of the way places. This was one of those moments. We finally found a place; Katie’s Diner and had a wonderful lunch. When I got in the car I asked mom which way and down the road we went. We ended up in Malden Missouri and the memories started coming back. What is so special about Malden Missouri you ask? When I was parked in front of the Casey’s General Store getting ready to go in to buy a map it hit me. This is where Narvel Felts lives. I was in love with him in my teenage years. He is cuter than a pig’s ear and where I come from that is pretty darn cute. He had a voice that could melt ice cubes. When I was 18 I went all the way to Possum Hollow in Illinois to see him. I was his biggest groupie. What a man. So I quick jumped in my car and we headed to Bernie Missouri a town he grew up near. Thank god I am over the groupie stage in my life or I would have been knocking at his front door

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...