Friday, August 11, 2006

Uh Oh

I am listening to Willie Nelson, cry in your beer music. I might sneak out and get a soda out of the basement (yes my RV has a basement) since I don't want a beer. Music like this makes me introspective. Just think a year ago I would be thinking about the weekend, dreading the work week, doing the same old same old. I did not know a year ago that I would be sitting here in Sikeston. A year ago I didn't own a tool box, or considered pliers and a hammer my best friend. A year ago my worries didn't even come close to my worries now. What are my worries? Well, "is the car still there?" "why aren't these gauges reading true?"
I am secure in the knowledge that my kids are okay and if tomorrow should find me needing a job, well there are jobs out there without the stress of the one I held for 12 years. I thank my friend, Jill for this security because at the age of 70 she took a job and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have met her. I do miss her. I am fortunate that I had good friends that still live in my memories and heart.
I am happy even contented with life now and I am not afraid of the future. There are uncertainities in my life, that is true but I will not bore you with the details. When I think of the future I think of the client that approached me in WalMarts. This was a few months after I quit my job and he wanted to let me know that he missed me. He told me he was losing his fight with cancer but how fortunate he was because he had the love of his life, kids, grandkids, and before illness took him a wonderful career. Then he grabbed my hands and gave me a little kiss and it was then that I realized how fortunate I have been and that I needed to throw caution to wind and embark upon this journey with arms and eyes wide open.
Tomorrow and Sunday we will do a little sightseeing and then head for Illinois on Monday. We plan to visit my sister before we visit my Aunt. I will leave you with the Willie Nelson song that prompted this... it was also sung by Kermit the Frog.
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it,
the rainbow connection,the lovers, the dreamers and me.
All of us under its spell,we know that it's probably magic....
Have you been half asleep
and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...