Friday, August 25, 2006

Updates

The main goal of our trip to Edwardsville, besides seeing family is motor home and vehicle maintenance. Yes, we finally had the oil change in both vehicle. I also wanted to find someone who could repair the dent and my sister recommended the Ford Body Shop. Everything has gone according to plan except for the dent. The cursed dent that every body shop refuses to fix and finally the Ford Dealership explained why. It has a major wrinkle around the window and it is labor intensive. Also only a qualified RV Body Shop should do the work. Since I can’t find a RV Body Shop, I guess I will be living with the dent for a while.

We are hoping to stop at a shop that sells RV accessories. I want a “Thunder Blaster.” A lot of RVs have the same problem as I. The black water tank readings are misleading because toilet paper gets hung up on the sensors. This device will back flush that tank, eradicating all toilet paper. Yeah….. I sound like “Tim the Tool Man” but it’s more like “Pepper the Pooper Flusher.” It is clear plastic and I am not sure I want to see what comes out of the tank. I told mom that when I get it and start to use it if she hears a scream and see a blur going towards the park showers …. Then it backfired. If that happened and I hope it doesn’t, you could say I am not only full of it but I am covered in it.

Last night it was pizza and printing at my sister’s house. Her husband was in the “man cave” which is his garage.

Surely went to Pets Mart on this visit. It was her first trip in a store. The electric door scared the holy ned out of her. But she had a ball, sniffing and exploring. I recommend taking your pet to Pets Mart. It cost me $10 but it she is worth it.

I reread this blog and a sudden revelation came to me. For those that don’t know me -Pepper is my birth name. I do have a legal name. If anyone calls me by my legal name I become immediately suspicious because only bill collectors and siding dealers use it. My brother, Ray cursed me with that name. Prior to my birth my mother noticed that Ray was not hearing very well. When she took him to the doctors the doctor removed two red crayons from his ears. Then when I arrived, Ray just couldn’t say my legal name. Whenever he tried it would come out as “Bepper.” So mom thought it best for me to go through life with the name of Pepper. Life with the name of Pepper is not easy. You should have heard the pick up lines when I was younger, skinnier, and prettier. Of course a lot of pets have the same name and when their owners would call for their pet they were surprise to see me coming. I can see myself in 30+ years, old, tired, in my wheelchair in a nursing home and the name just wouldn’t fit that description. Yet it is my name, it carries funny and warm memories, I even forgave my brother for giving it to me, and I think I will keep it for a while longer.

Location:  Edwardsville

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...