Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm Always Ratting On My Kids

I am always telling stories about my kids so I decided I would confess up and tell one on myself. Robin's blog about her turtle prompted this. My daughter decided to get a rat and that of course led to three. I can't remember any of the names except for one. Satan. The demonic rat from hell. White with pink eyes and a go for the throat attitude. That is another story I will reserve for Halloween. Anyway I was asleep or I would of never said this to my daughter. She came into my room, crying because her pet rat died. It wasn't Satan. I told her to put it in the freezer and I will deal with it in the morning. You know it is a miracle that my kids are relatively normal after all the stuff I put them through.

Take care of your animals. Pets or not. If one day you come home after a long day at work and find a duck in your bathtub - its okay. If you find a snake in your daughter's closet that is okay too. If one morning you wake up and a Rottweiler is running down the hall, straight toward you.... just change the sheets because that too is okay. When you look in your 8 year old son's hamster cage and see babies...... and your son explains how that happened. It is okay. The possum in the bathroom closet though is another thing. When I was first divorced I got the kids a Dauchaund (?). We lived in a nearly three bedroom trailer that was a hundred years old. When the wind blew, it also blew through our trailer. One evening the kids and I heard the dog going bonkers in the bathroom. I went into the bathroom with kids in tow and the stupid dog was digging at the closet door. I figured if he wanted in there so bad I would let him in and so I opened the door. You can imagine the shock when the dog pulled out a possum. I don't know how we got it out of the house and I don't know how it got in. I guess it came in with the wind.

Speaking of pets, my geriatric puppy is snoring and that reminds me I need to hit the sack myself.

For those that need to know - I am in Rockford IL. We are trying to decide if we go to Minnesota or New Boston IL. Well let you know when we decide.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...