Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tale of Two Cowards

I got up this morning and checked the weather on TV. They were forecasting rain and wind gusts. We hadn’t unhooked the car and truthfully we just wanted out of there. It was not a comfortable park. We didn’t make it far because the wind knocked me to the side of the road. I didn’t want to hit another gust so we pulled over in the next town. Even parked we can feel our home rock. It is enough to make you queasy. I checked the Underground Weather site and they say the winds will gust up to 30 mph. It is a good day to stay inside and rock and roll in our little house on wheels.

This park is great. When we called to find the location of RV Express in Marshfield the owner said look for an ugly man wearing a purple shirt. He was actually standing on the side of the road flagging us in. Free wi-fi, free cable, and the best Mexican restaurant I have ever eaten at. It is almost like I died and went to heaven. Plus the owner helped me set up, unhook the car, and made sure to let me know he does it for everyone. It isn’t because I am a woman.

I am a little hyper sensitive when it comes to things of that nature. I hate being treated like I am a dainty little flower. If someone treats me like that I try to bite my tongue but a part of me is screaming “knock it off asshole, I know what I am doing.” But I am a lady and will keep my mouth shut.

The problem with the leveling system was not my fault. The switch needed to be replaced. So far nothing has beep at me today and all is well. Plus the ice machine is working and we will be sipping tea in a day or two. I love a beep free day. We all need days like this.

This afternoon I went out and took pictures of the storm coming in. The wind is still super strong and the rocking is getting to me. 4 Tums and I am still queasy. I will never admit it was the Mexican food.

Surely has found another source of entertainment. I will get my mattress out and flip the switch to fill it with air. She likes to stand on it while it is inflating. Cheap thrills.

Joe emailed and suggested we try another route to Arkansas. So we are going to avoid Highway 5. We will be going through Springfield MO. I am far more comfortable with this route. If the winds are still gusting tomorrow we will stay put. We are really not in a hurry so why risk it? We have all the comforts of home, with the exception of a solid foundation, so we will stay put if the weather continues.

Location:  Marshfield Missouri

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...