Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why Not Bats

I have been asked why do I like bats. Bats are mysterious. They are the symbol of night which is my favorite time of day. If you have ever stood outside a cave around dusk you will be swept away when you see the bats come out of their home to look for food. Bats are more closely related to humans than they are to rats. I think I fell in love with bats when I first held one and realized that this was an opportunity in a lifetime. Bats were instrumental in my home as well because when my daughter wanted a rat I said "Sure." Because Rats like Bats are two of the most misunderstood animals. I have a tendency to support the underdog. Bats are very helpful to humans - pest control, antibiotics, fertilizer, and even tequila. So raise your shot glass, eat the worm, and salute the bat.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...