Sunday, November 26, 2006

James Is Moving

I just know he is moving. He will slip out in the middle of the night, with his wife, and my grandchildren. He will not leave a forwarding address either.

How do I know this?

When I ran away from home I designated each child with something. Hannah it was books and furniture, Scott it was furniture, and James was given the responsibility of caring for the family photographs. I have tin types up to the present. I don’t think he was aware of the magnitude until I showed up in a pick up truck. Then it dawned on him.

James is a great sport, wonderful son, father, and husband. He is also tolerant as is his wife, to a point. We were talking last night via Yahoo Instant Messenger and I started showing him some of the photos I had taken. I was uploading and sending as fast as these little fat fingers could move. I saw a couple of “umms” “ohhs” and I knew I was overwhelming him but I had so much to show him. I was out of control. Then I made the fatal mistake.

I told him “This summer, when we get to Washington I will be adding to the family photographs.”

He asked how many pictures I have. I told him not that many... He asked how many photograph albums I had. I responded with a smiley face. He asked again. I sent him the audible of a man throwing up and said “Surely just vomited, I have to get off.’

I can see him laying in bed with Nicole, wide eyed and staring at the ceiling.

I can hear the conversation…. “Honey, mom is coming to Washington this summer and she will be adding to the family photographs. Only this time she is coming in a RV and not a truck.”

I can visualize them now, packing, slipping out of the house, and disappearing into the night.


Don’t Forget To Take The Family Photographs With You Son!

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...