Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday November 9th

We went to Eutaw and Demopolis Alabama. In Eutaw, we toured the Kirkwood Mansion and in Demopolis, we stopped at the Gaineswood Mansion. We didn't want to tour another home because they all start to look a like after a while. Both are beautiful homes but a little overwhelming. I just could not imagine living in a home so large. Kirkwood has beautiful furniture and the owner was very informative on his antiques. While in Eutaw (pronounced Utah), we had to stop at the cemetery. Beautiful place and I could have spent a day there exploring. On the way to Demopolis, someone was very busy. I am not sure why the owner of this field created this unique works of art but I am so glad he did. Mom and I roamed around in his field for an hour just looking. He created his artwork with bales of hay and scrap parts. In addition, many 55-gallon barrels were used. It is just hard to describe. I will post pictures after I finish this. Hannah it will be with full explanations. I am trying to get a hang of this blogging and at times, I fail miserable.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...