Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hattiesburg

Tonight on the Public TV Station they were featuring the Do Wop groups. It is a wonderful show if you can tolerate their begging for money. I sat thru and sang along with several great musical groups. Guess who came on?

Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl

As I walk through this world
Nothing can stop the Duke of Earl
And-a you, you are my girl
And no one can hurt you, oh no

Yes-a, I, oh I'm gonna love you, oh oh
Come on let me hold you darlin'
'Cause I'm the Duke of Earl
So hey yea yea yeah

He came on - the consummate performer, with cape and top hat. Just made my little heart go pitter patter. The only complaint I have is I will have the song stuck in head for the remainder of the night.






Thinking of the Dollar General makes me think of Jill. She was a tiny little thing. She kind of reminded me of a nervous wren. She kept that store clean from top to bottom. She might have been in her seventies but she could unload a truck with the best of them. I tried several times to get her to work the cash register but she’d managed to slip pass me. It was basically the two of us running that store. She would always greet me with a hug. She was the kind of person that can aggravate the hell out of me one minute and make me feel warm all over the next. She was a rare find.



I also want to say one thing. I mentioned in an earlier post that I found people in Mississippi rude. I take it back. I have met some very nice people that reside in the state of Mississippi during our stay here. We will be staying in this town longer than normal because we have a leak. Hopefully they will get it fixed next week.

Today was flop day. We went to Wal-Mart and that was the most exciting thing that happened. The park we are in has the sewer connection a mile away and I had to buy hose and a connector. My afternoon was spent wrestling with that. Then I cleaned out the basement, leveled the picnic table, and scrap booked the rest of my time away. It was a productive, non productive day. Later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...