Saturday, December 30, 2006

Baton Down The Hatches

Last night the winds were howling. I have lived in my little house on wheels for almost 6+ months but never experienced winds like we had last night. It was the scariest time of my life. You could feel the house moving back and forth, back and forth, back and forth..... Pass the Dramamine please. Then of course the storm moved in and the electricity was going on and off. I lowered the satellite, curled up with Surely Not, and started say prayers. Today it has been storming on and off. I am looking at about 6 inches of water covering the yard. I went ahead and paid for one day internet access so I am able to get on line. Poor Surely Not, she hates water and getting wet and when she went outside to take care of her business the water was up to knees. I managed to find a place where it went to her ankles but she wasn't happy. Currently the wind and the storm has died down. So all is calm.



Update on James aka Rusty, my son. He had surgery on his lung in November and recovered well from that. While they were zipping him through the cat scan they discovered gall stones. So they scheduled him for surgery on Friday the 29th. They removed his gall bladder but there were stones still in the duct. They told his wife that they might have to operate on him again today or "scope him." We are still waiting for an update from the doctor. I did talk to him briefly this afternoon but he was so stoned it was hard to make out what was going on.

If you want to call me for updates please feel free to do so. I will warn you that the rain has a way of deafening the conversation.



Location: Louisiana Baton Rouge



So all is well, once again in my little house.





0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...