Friday, December 22, 2006

I Don't Think We Are In Kansas Anymore

A place where there isn't any trouble. Do you suppose there is such a place Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain.


I have been working on a water leak since we purchased the RV in August. I suggested, as well as mom, that it was a problem with the refrigerator. I did check the defrost and where it drained but that wasn't the problem. I checked and replaced the water regulator and that seemed to correct the problem. I relaxed until last night when all heck broke lose. It leaked where it already leaked before, then it started leaking in the bathroom around the vent.



I had enough.



If I could have called Holiday Rambler at 2:00 a.m. I would have and hell has no fury as a woman with a leak. I am not talking bladder control, I am talking get out the pans and start catching the drips. I am talking "lets step outside so we can get dried off " leak.



I found the source for the leak in the bathroom and I am thinking about climbing the ladder and caulking around the vent. I have no idea of what I just said but I think that would correct the problem.

About 10 minutes ago the owner of the RV park knocked on our door. The Church Group sent us our yearly fruitcake. Nothing calms me down faster than their delicious fruit cake. It doesn't taste like the nasty fruit cakes that you choke down out of politeness. For a religious group they make a sinful fruit cake.



I am calm, I am at peace. "Hand me another piece of fruit cake mom."



Location:  Louisiana Livingston

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...