Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm Back

When I asked my mother where she wanted to go next, she said “just get me out of the city.” Little did I know that the middle of nowhere existed in Texas and it only took 4 hours to drive there.

We arrived in the nick of time. I had to set up camp in the rain and wind. The wind ended up being around 30 to 40 mph. It was amazing. To conserve our precious propane we didn’t put out the slides. From the time we arrived to this morning it rained and it blew.

When I open the door I was greeted by a glorious sunrise and clear skies. I put up the satellite and locked onto a signal. I then went out to empty the holding tanks. That is when I got the surprise of the day.

My sewer hose and all connections were gone.

Who the heck would take something like that? Not unless they needed them in the worse way. I kept the sewer hose in a plastic container and in the same plastic container were my worm clamps.

I keep the basement doors locked with the exception of the place I keep my sewer hose. I don’t lock that because who would want to take a sewer hose? I was so wrong in that decision. Obviously there is someone who needed it or maybe they have a strange fetish. All I know is I had to go Wal-Mart’s to pick up a new sewer hose. I also discovered a new meaning to full hook-ups. Water and electric only. I am so new at this game. It has gotten to the point now when I call for a reservation I ask if they have water and sewer hookup, if they have electricity, and does cable tv mean more than 3 channels.

Despite their new definition of full hookups I really like it here and they do have a dump station so all I have to do is break camp and drive a short distance.

After I went to Wal-Mart’s I grab the GPS and typed in “HAIR.” There is nothing like depending on a mechanical device for advise. Mom and I came out of there with hair! Not only did we have hair but it was styled. We looked like women. I was beyond estatic.

We are going to have one more day of sunshine and then it is back to rain, clouds, and winds. I will have to put the satelitte down and do without the internet. We will be moving on Tuesday and I don’t have an itinerary yet but we will be heading west.

Enjoy the pictures.







0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...