Thursday, January 18, 2007

To Push Or To Pull

I went through all of the trouble to fill my propane tank but it was so cold and rainy the man only gave us 14 gallons which means we will be back in a couple of days. I was told to pick up a small electric heater. This heater runs on 12 amps we have 50 amps. To figure out how many amps divide the watts by 120 volts. I already knew how many amps it takes to run just the basic and I plug the heater in. It was running fine until mom said “you want coffee?” I said “sure.”

We blew something.

I check the breakers. I threw the main switch, waited, and turned it back on. Nothing. For $30 I had a man check our outlets and etc. We had no power to our outlets, refridgerator, and TV. After the man left I grabbed the manual for the RV. I had read it but it was all greek to me but it is comforting to hold something that has the answers even though you don’t understand what it is trying to tell you. Then I thought inverter, converter, GFCI outlet….. what I was thinking about I don’t understand but I was having these thoughts. The GFCI outlet is dead so that left the inverter, converter and I knew where they were located. I knew because the location was the only thing I understood when I read that chapter. So I went outside, opened the door and there it was. Whatever it was it was there. Yep there it was…..

I looked at it and I noticed two buttons. One was pushed in and one was pulled out. They were different. My mind was thinking that maybe the two buttons were suppose to be the same and what would happen if I pushed or pulled one of those buttons? Would the RV blow up? Would I short circuit something? When I decided to do it I thought to myself should I push or should I pull? What is on and what is off? Then I thought to myself if you turn something on you woulld push a button not pull a button. So I decided to push.

I went in the house and guess what? I had lights.


Hannah's Comment To My Breaker Problem

hannahjane said...

who thought a cup of joe
could cause your breakers to blow
but lo and behold
the voices told
you to push and not pull
and now your coffee cup is full.

a rhyme for you my dear.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...