Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Arrival

We have moved on. My neighbor in Carrizo Springs was making me very nervous. Anyone who would walk around someone else’s motor home checking windows and doors in the late evening have to be a few quarts shy of a gallon. Every time I turned around….. There he was. It was unnerving to say the least. It was even more unnerving when he knocked at my door at 10 o clock at night; he was letting me know that my windows and doors were unlocked. I am sure he was a lonely person but enough is enough.

Where we are staying now is located in an old Fort. I believe some of the original buildings are here as well as a cemetery. We pulled in and after I set up camp I had to put the laundry in the car and vacuum. I dropped mom off at the laundry mat and on my way back home there was herds of deer as well as turkeys. Tonight we made a grocery run. I had the windows down and a whiff of the past came back to me. I didn’t realized how much I missed skunks and shortly afterwards we spotted him or her waddling down the road. My neighbor has several lovebirds in her motor home and it is nice to hear them singing. We met a gentleman this evening who is a full timer. He was surprised to find out that it was just mom and I. From what I am hearing most women do not like Rving. Mom and I have taken to it like a duck in water.

Tomorrow we plan to go to the Alamo. Not the one you are thinking. It is actually a movie set. John Wayne used this movie set.

I love Texas. The farther west we go the more I fall in love. I love the desert with the mesquite trees and cacti. I told mom this evening I could live here. So we drew up our dream house and talked about settling down. Of course we are just dreaming but it is interesting because we both have the same taste in home décor and layout.

More later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...