Monday, February 19, 2007

My Children

Hannah has been mentioned 41 times in my blog, Scott 22 times and Rusty 17 times.

As per Scott's request - I tried to raise my children in a conventional manner. I said I tried I didn't say I accomplished it. I would have loved to be like Beaver's mom.

Hannah was the only child that grazed. I am not talking snacking I am talking grazing. She would get her dish and off to the woods she would go. She studied plant life and knew what was edible or not. She would come home with a bowl of green stuff including flowers and wanted to share her wild food salad. Neither boys or me would eat it but she would share her salads with her neighbor and friends.

One very important thing she learned was while foraging for food is this.... never pick black berries barefooted. No it wasn't the thorns it was the poison ivy that grew around the bush.

I am sick today but it is moving on day tomorrow. Until later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...