Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Visit

My daughter, Hannah and her boyfriend, Robert made it to Texas and we had a wonderful visit. They saw the ocean, the zoo, the Iwo Jima Memorial, Matamoros Mexico and had a wonderful dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack. I miss them already.

We went to a “natural” beach. No raked sand, sea weed covering the shoreline and it was beautiful. I became a beach person the minute I saw it as it was meant to be. The water was wild, we could see a ship in the far off distance, and of course the sea gulls. I have a love for birds that other people dislike. We had a lot of fun playing in the water. Mom and I plan to go back and bring lawn chairs. Just sit and watch the waves roll in and roll out.

I liked the fact that in Matamoros Mexico a trolley was available that took you directly to the marketplace plus showed you points of interest. The market place was intimidating. Merchants would grab you and try to get you in their stores and sell you everything under the sun. A lot of trinkets were made in China and gone were most of the Mexican handicrafts. It was fun and I think I said no more times that day than I said in my life time. Considering I have 3 children that is a lot of nos. We ate a wonderful lunch there and headed back to the good ole US.

Enjoy the pictures!


0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...