Friday, March 16, 2007

When we drove to Brackettville Texas the scenery outside our window was shades of brown. The mesquite trees without their leaves showed their abstract forms, birds were easily seen on their branches, and the fields were barren with the exception of scrub brush. I love scenery like this. So barren of color that when a flash of red from a bird’s wing takes your breath away.

When we left the RV Park in Brackettville and started our journey back to the “valley” mom and I were in awe of the change of scenery. The world outside our window came to life in those two weeks we were gone. I found myself slowing down to an irritating pace for others in an attempt to absorb all of the changes.

The fields were flowing with flowers, white and yellow. The trees had leaves and seemed to have a greenish haze to them. Everywhere we looked there was life, gone were the shades of brown replaced with a vivid display of color. This morning I sat down with my cup of coffee and the birds were so loud it was deafening. The scent of the flowers that has come to life was marvelous. If I could capture all of the scents and put them in a perfume bottle I would be a rich person indeed. I even took a walk at 2:00 a.m. just to hear the noises of the night and I ended my walk by just sitting on the steps of my RV with Surely Not listening. I felt like I had been transported to another world. This is what this road trip is all about. The newness, the changes, the experiences and I am so grateful to have this opportunity.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...