Monday, March 12, 2007

Who’s Digging These Holes?

When my children were small, I had each of them stretch their arm out in front and asked them to turn around in a complete circle. I explained to them that is their personal space. If anyone should step into or lean into their personal space without invitation then they are to tell that person to get out of their personal space.

This works, just ask Hannah.

When one of Scott’s friend’s dad offered them a ride home, Scott said sure. He knew him and was comfortable with the situation. Hannah said “No.” She never met the man and was not comfortable with him. The poor man stepped into Hannah’s personal space (without knowing it) to talk to her and she said “GET OUT OF MY PERSONAL SPACE, NOW!” She walked home and Scott didn’t but I was so proud of her.

Around 5:30 this evening I decided to take my walk and find out what animal was digging all the holes around the path I normally walked. So Surely and I went out for a hunt…. We walked off the beaten path and I became very excited when I found freshly dug holes. Fighting the scrub brush and some cacti I found the animal. It was an armidillo. Since it was small, Surely didn’t want to attack it and we watched it until it moved on. I decided to find the path and stroll home. That is when I bumped into my neighbor.

Lets just say this…. You get into my personal space I will leave your sorry ass in the woods.

Lucky for me I found another path for me to walk and bike. Far away from neighbors who just want to smell me.

Hey Hannah – Like daughter like mother.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...