Monday, March 19, 2007

Zapata Texas

We spent the last 4 days in Zapata Texas at the Four Seasons RV Park. Nice place to stay, reasonable price with cable TV. We were parked on a second tier and when we were shown the lot I expressed my concerns about being able to get out. I was reassured that the two lots in front of me will not be rented and all I would have to do is pulled forward, then backed into one of the empty lots, and then drive on out. It looked fairly simple so I took the spot. I woke up one morning and found the out that we had a next door neighbor. This morning when it was time to leave I asked for help at the office and the lady was so nice. She found a fire fighter and a truck driver to get me out. The truck driver ended up having to back up the hill, which was quite a thrill but we were out.

I knew when I left this morning; the drive to Brownsville would be a little scary. The wind was ferocious. I kept my speed down to about five miles under the speed limit and torked off every driver that liked to drive 20 miles over the speed limit even through constructions zones. The main thing is we arrived and we arrived alive.

When I called the park we are currently residing in I asked for a pull through…. I was told that wouldn’t be a problem. Since I have heard that before I wasn’t surprised to find out they don’t have a pull through. I had to back the rig into a teensy weensy catty-cornered spot. When I got in position to back up I leaned out the window to get a view of where I was suppose to be and when I saw it I said “Uh oh.” This got a chuckle out of man sitting in a lawn chair. I backed this thing in like I knew what I was doing. I am still in shock. I think I am going to like here.

Mom and I found the nicest museum in Zapata. It is called Frontier Ranch Museum. Every nook and niche was filled with stuff. Just when you thought you saw it all you would find something else. They even had items on the ceiling. Outside was set up as a mini western town. The man’s grandkids were playing in this and one little boy had everyone locked up in the jail. What a wonderful place for kids. I posted pictures of the museum.

In two days my daughter, Hannah and her boyfriend Robert will be here and I am looking forward to spending some time with them. Until Later.



Click here for pictures


0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...