Monday, April 23, 2007

Curses

We are back at the Lake. We hit the road about 8:30 this morning and arrived around noon. Then I quickly set up camp, unhooked the car, and then tore off to the dental office just in time for my appointment.

Vickie (my dentist) called in sick.

The internet at the park comes and goes, my internet is not picking up, so post might be sporadic until I can resolve the issues.

Wiz - we flat tow our car. When we first started planning this adventure, I wanted to go with flat towing because it seemed easier. Now that I have been at it for a little over a year I can now say it is. In fact I could hook up by myself but having mom to help makes it easier. We have seen a few people without cars but they are basically trapped at the park. While staying at San Padre Island we met a couple without a vehicle. Every Sunday they would unhook the motor home, pack everything up, and go to church. Then they grocery shop and come back to the park. For a single person or a couple who wants to do without a tow vehicle a Class C or Class B would be a better choice. Class C motorhome are Mini Motorhomes. The Class C motorhome has a distinctive cab-over bunk. They are available in various lengths, many with slide-out rooms. The size: ranges from 21 to 35 feet. The Class B is a van. These vans are loaded though. Those you can probably drive around to various places and not have to have a car. We started off with a class C but it was to small to live in full time. I was terrified with the thought of driving anything over 28 foot. Now that I "conquered" my fears, this is so much easier to drive than the Class C.

Until Later.

Location:  Osage Beach

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...