Saturday, April 14, 2007

Greetings

I have taken a few days off from blogging. My son was visiting and I was wrapped up in visiting with him. The things that I have missed - from piercings to a birthday.

Tomorrow will be my computer day. I will complete a tag I received, upload a couple of photographs, prepare pictures for printing, work on the budget, and of course play Chuzzles. That is a very addicting game.

We have moved on. I drove about 4 ½ hours to Victoria County Texas and stopped for the day. We planned to continue traveling but the weather conditions were against us. Scott left 80-degree weather and arrived in a blizzard. Poor boy. At least he has glorious sunburn.

South Padre Island is beautiful. It is very touristy with a tendency to sell to a younger group of people but it was nice to lounge on the beach. Dirty Al’s Restaurant is an inexpensive place to eat and the food is wonderful. I climbed the 75 steps to the top of the lighthouse in Port Isabel, we visited the Sea Turtle Rescue, and enjoyed a nature hike that ended with an alligator basking in the sun. We also collected many shells that Scott will be taking to Hannah for her yard. The icing on the proverbial cake was the boat ride. It was fun to watch the dolphins. I managed to take several pictures of birds that came out reasonably well.

Yesterday was chore day and I managed to clean out my basement, sterilized the water hose, and clean out the toolbox. Every time I pick up my toolbox, I am amazed by the contents. Half the stuff in there I am not sure what to do with and the other half I can’t live without. I thought seriously about getting rid of the stuff I don’t know what to do with but then again I might figure out what they are or I might need them. You can use things without knowing what they are and what they are intended for.

While I was cleaning out the basement, our neighbors drove in with their coach and car. I watched them unhook the vehicle and the wife asked her husband to please back up the coach because she cannot park behind it. The husband did just the opposite and told her it was about time she learned. She parked it and I am sure they can get the bumper repaired. Then they unloaded their vehicle. Clothes, household items, freezer goods… they carried it all into their coach. I thought that was a little strange. This morning they got up, she hooked up the car; they carried everything back to the vehicle. Mom and I were watching all of this in total amazement. Then we placed a bet. How long will they be on the road before they start looking for a place to park. The wind is horrible. Anyone that drives a motor coach knows you cannot drive in these conditions. We knew we would never know but it was fun placing bets. About an hour later here they come. They park in the same lot, unloaded the car, but this time he parked the car. We are neighbors once more.

Today mom and I will be wandering. Until later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...