Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ice Queen

I agree with you, Hannah on the book ‘Ice Queen” by Alice Hoffman. It was one of her best, yet I feel she made the ending a little too tidy.

We went to a used bookstore yesterday and loaded up. I have decided to mail Hannah some of the books I purchase. Some books that are like old friends, you can come back to them repeatedly, and they never lose their appeal. They are still magical.

I found one today, quite by accident, at the Fed Ex store. I had to fax some paperwork and while waiting I picked up a book. I started thumbing through it and found myself reading it. I made it through several chapters and didn’t want to put it down. The title of the book is “Flags of Our Fathers.” Normally I don’t read war books but this is an exception. I purchased the book and brought it home. I am in the middle of reading a novel by Irving Stone but I am looking forward to picking up “Flags of our Fathers” again.

All of my pictures have been developed. I am officially caught up and the only thing left to do is to put them in their photo albums. I didn’t think I would ever get this done. Since we need to stay here for a couple more weeks, I should be thoroughly caught up by the time we leave. If I don’t take anymore pictures while I am here.

I am going to grab my soda and head outside. It is a beautiful, quiet evening that deserves to be enjoyed.

Later

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...