Saturday, July 21, 2007

Internet

I am nestled in the little valley and the picnic table is under the ancient oak tree. I thought to myself (that sometimes gets me into trouble) I wonder if I can pick up the park’s internet…

That led to getting a card that you insert into your laptop. I didn’t know I had a slot for something like this. I looked and sure enough, there it was. So mom and I jumped into the car and headed for the city to find a card or to use the technical term “a plastic do hickey.” We stopped in at Circuit City to search for this magical device that will boost the internet signal. I cornered a young man and explained the situation and that I need a card. He asked if I need a G card or a B card and my eyes started rolling up in the back of my head. G card or B card? I was going to call Hannah’s beau, Robert and ask him but I know that his eyes roll up inside his head whenever I call him. SO I braved this out on my own. I took out my notes and said “G.” I have no idea what I was doing or what I was saying. I went home with my purchase.

I followed all of the directions and inserted the plastic do hickey. Where there were no bars came two bars and later three bars. The internet connection is fragile and breaks easily but it stays on long enough for me to post and comment. I guess I bought the right thing and if someone out there knows what the heck I just bought… Don’t tell me because it might be the power of positive thinking that is giving me this connection.

We went back to the cemetery today and took to many pictures. Will post some later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...