Monday, August 20, 2007

Alive and Well In Ohio

Last night, around 10:00, mom and I played cards and listened to the low rumbling of a storm coming in. Surely, of course, was on high alert and getting nervous. I gave her one of her doggie tranquilizers to calm her. She curled up next to me and promptly fell into a deep sleep. Only her eyes were wide open. That always unnerves me when she does that. She will be snoring long, deep, and her eyes are wide open. She does this without the aid of drugs. We continued playing our card game, enjoying the quiet, and enjoying listening to the rain. When the storm finally rumbled in, hail started, lightning was popping and Surely was sitting up. The pill wore off and I didn’t want to give her another so soon. She panted and paced and snuggled and paced and panted. She was completely stressed out. Fortunately, for her, the storm was a fast moving one and as quickly as it started, it stopped.

Around midnight, I unrolled my bed. I had purchased a new one and it is made for one adult and just barely. Once again, I could hear the low rumbling of another storm coming in and so could Surely. She started pacing, snuggling, and panting. I put her under the blanket and she stretched out full-length crossways. I ended up sleeping on the floor while my 9-pound dog took over the entire bed. I got up this morning around 10:30 a.m. because I couldn’t sleep. When I woke up, I made up my mind that today was the day we were leaving. Yes, I knew the weather and more storms were being forecasted.

We drove through rain but no storms and the wind was working for me. When we arrived at the RV Park, it wasn’t raining. It didn’t start down pouring until I started unhooking the car. I was soaked. Then the gentleman directing me into my lot failed to notice a tree. Fortunately, I did. We made it. We are happy. They are forecasting storms tomorrow that will be the day I will be cleaning house.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am currently using my mom’s computer. We are taking turns. You see we play well with others and we share. We also have a reliable internet connection! Woo Hoo

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...