Saturday, August 25, 2007

Kick Off Your Shoes and Sit A Spell

Dirk and Felicia are the perfect hosts and they made us feel at home, which made this visit so special. The time has gone by so fast.


I know we were nervous but that was gone in flash at the feet of Icarus. As I stated earlier the Air Force Museum was great. Dirk was a perfect guide and quite knowledgeable on the museum. We spent the next day eating great food, having a wonderful conversation, and touring the Woodland Cemetery. Then we had dinner at their house. Felicia is a wonderful cook and her lemon bars are to die for. Surely Not felt at home and was not neurotic. I expected her to be glued to me all evening but she quickly made friends with everyone, with exception of the cat. They had a minor spat because Surely Not doesn't play well with others.

Today we spent at a festival and then Yellow Springs, a quirky little town that was so much fun to explore. We listened to a street poet and encouraged him to put his words on paper. If he does, I would definitely buy his book. Lunch was at the Tavern Inn and what I find funny is, if the conversation is good I can’t remember if the food tasted good or not. One of my little quirks, I guess.

Tomorrow we will say goodbye to the Dirk and Felicia and little Micah. It will be a sad day for us because of our newfound friendship. They have made this stay one of the best. They are truly soul mates. A rare find indeed and even though we will stay in touch, mom and I will miss them. Thanks Dirk and Felicia for making our stay in Dayton the best stay we have had. We will definitely be back.

Being Seranaded By Dirk and His Magic Singing Bowl
His two biggest fans.


WOW Dad you are good!
Encore!

Mom and her new friend. Notice the paw resting on her leg.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...