Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday mom and I did something we swore we would never do. We met a blogging friend. I know my kids were nervous because of the frequent phone calls and my son, Scott actually called. I knew I made my kids nervous.

What is funny is mom and I was nervous as well. All of my old insecurities came back in a rush. Mom and I cancelled this trip several times in our minds. We came up with every excuse to give to Dirk on why we couldn’t come to Dayton.

Yesterday, we overcame our fears and Dirk at the Air Force Museum. I have never met a more delightful person in my life. We had a wonderful time. The place is huge; it has everything in it from the first airplane to a stealth bomber. I even climbed in the belly of an airplane and saw the cockpit of a fighter jet. There is no way that I could fit in there. It was fascinating. Dirk is such a comfortable person. I was so comfortable that I allowed myself to be me. He just made me aware that there are good people in this world. The icing on the proverbial cake was meeting Felicia and Micah. We had a wonderful meal and even better conversation. Micah is a beautiful baby, sweet natured and so inquisitive. He is very in tuned to his environment and is aware of so much. Everything Dirk said about Micah is true. It was a wonderful day.

Kids, I am okay. I didn’t end up in an oil barrel in North Carolina. All is well. BREATH!

Today is a day of laundry and staying inside because of the heat. Tonight we will break bread with our new friends and enjoy a movie on a TV whose size would make my oldest son swoon in jealousy.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...