Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This and That

Lately I have been reading many books concerning World War II. I normally don’t gravitate towards books like these so I am wondering what my subconscious is trying to tell me. It could be the news I am reading. The press is now softening the war in Iraq, less horror and more feel good news. This makes me think, “What are they up too?” The US talks about other citizens from other countries being brainwashed by their government and fails miserably about discussing their own propaganda campaign toward their own citizens. I have also been reading about Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman. While I don’t condone what he did, I only wish our government would take some responsibility for creating this person. A lot of good people do bad things during a war due to PTSD, following orders, anger, etc. I think about his sister screaming, "I hate the government. You people put him in Iraq and now, this happened." Who was he prior to the war? Was that even taken in consideration during the trail? To much to think about. To much to process.

Lisbeth, I am thinking the same thought. Maybe we were separated at birth. It was you that made me take the final steps into creating a web page for my pictures and genealogy. I actually used your web page for direction and inspiration. I would work on creating my own, using Front Page, and when I find myself getting frustrated I would look at yours. I even considered swiping (whoops borrowing) your layout but thought against it. So, I borrowed someone else’s idea. I admit this. I will say this when my genealogy page is published and made available for whoever wants to read it, that section of my web page is of my own creation. When I first looked at your web page, I was totally blown away by Rich Mullins. My all time favorite Christian Music Artist. I love all his songs but the one that I would sing when things got a little stressful at work was “Alrightokuhhuhamen.” The song “While Nations Rage” is so appropriate for this time in our life:
Why do the nations rage?
Why do they plot and scheme?
Their bullets
can't stop the prayers we pray
In the name of the Prince of Peace
We
walk in faith and remember long ago
How they killed Him and then how on the
third day He arose
Well, things may look bad
And things may look grim
But all these things must pass except the things that are of Him

I have all of his CDs and his death was such a loss. Fortunately his music lives on, his message still ring true, and is timeless. I even have his last CD, the one he was working on when he was called home. I have never played it. It was very strange how I found it. I was in the process of buying a car for my middle son. I was in this lady’s house working out the details when I saw it lying on her dining room table. Of course, I went bonkers. We sealed the deal on the car on the condition she gives me the CD. I can’t believe I just wrote that. Now people will think I am a groupie but I am not. I listen to all kinds of music but for some reason this artist has touched me in a way that no one has.

My daughter, Hannah sent me the following poem. She said when she read it she thought of me. Hannah, I love it and thank you for sharing it with me.


chiseled clouds by a.r. ammons

A single
cemetery
wipes out
most
of my people,
skinny old
slabs
leaning this
way
and that
as in stray winds,
holding names:

still, enough
silver
cathedrals fill
this
afternoon sky
to
house everyone
ever
lost from
the
light's returning.

I did it, don't know how I did it but I did. Click here for Alrightokuhhuhamen.You might have to press okay for windows media plugin. Some would say it is not his best song but singing it during work (softly) did help me get through the day. I will be taking this off later in the week. Until Later
Any complaints about my song I will put Hyperactivity by Mark Lowry on this page - Okay Hannah?

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...