Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thoughts

The time has come to sit down in front of the calendar and plan the rest of August and September. Besides appointments I have to figure out where we are going to stay and how long are we going to stay there. Besides Woodall and RV Park Reviews, I also check RV There Yet.

Sometimes the names of parks scare me. I am sure you are asking why and so I will try to explain. When I come across a RV park with the name, like “Free Spirit, the first thing that pops into this feeble brain is nudist colony. I Google the name of the park, Free Spirit, and skip the introduction. I immediately click on the “picture” tab and make sure everyone is fully dressed.

There was a park in Missouri, it was in the location we wanted to be in, and I was excited to find this park. I went to their web page and to my surprise it is a private adults only (21 years or older) campground for gay, bi, and straight men. It was clothing optional. It is definitely not a place for two heterosexual females who happen to be mother and daughter. Their webpage shows a beautiful park. I am not providing a link for this because they are being harassed by neighbors and other close-minded people. It is important to research the RV Parks you want to stay. I will tell you this; if it were a family oriented park for gay and lesbian couples, I would have called and pitched a fit. Don’t have a problem with that – I do have a problem with a bunch of naked men running around and I don’t care what their sexual orientation is.

Onward and upwards in the thoughts of a bored woman who is sick of looking at cornfields.

Yesterday mom and I took our lunch to Riley Park. When we exited the car with our lunch, we were met by two geese. The female was a beautiful creature, I was mesmerized by her, but her mate was something else. He greeted us with intimidation – “Give me the food and no one will get hurt.” We had a short stare down moment, I with my lunch clutched tightly in my hand and he with his head low and neck stretched out. I won that battle of the wills, I might say. Mom and I walked to the picnic table with the geese right behind us. We had to go through a small crowd of Canadian Geese and ducks but they were to busy eating bugs to notice us. We sat down and we started unwrapping our sandwiches. The male goose came in closer. His head up high, beak in the air…. I don’t know if he was trying to intimidate me or smell my lunch. I can say this, geese beg so much better than my Surely Not. She needs to take lessons from them. I ate my lunch but it was rather disturbing to have a goose in my face wanting my sandwich. I will never scold Surely Not again for begging.

We are heading for Dayton Ohio for a couple of days then on to Kentucky. Dirk I will be dropping you a line letting you know the details.

Until Later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...