Sunday, December 23, 2007

You Asked And I Did It

This is a beautiful morning. I am looking at the Organ Mountains, my little roadrunner buddy is sitting on the fence, and my old friend is snoring. It doesn’t matter that my pipes are frozen; mom and I need a bath, and Surely did a “no no” on the rug this morning. What matters is right now. Peace – quiet – a view of the mountains.

What a week it has been! My daughter and her boyfriend, Robert came down. There is nothing like having family members visit you. I consider Robert a son. I have called him with problems, called him for advice, and for comfort. He in turn has always come through for me and has tolerated my ignorance with patience. I love these people and my grandpuppies.

The visit started with a Christmas party and ended with us taking off our shoes, rolling up our pants, and jumping on a sled. The rest of the week was a blur of activities, laughter, and love. Robert and Hannah’s friend, Josh joined up midweek and that only liven things up more, if that was possible. We toured Mesilla – several times. Ate at a haunted restaurant, shopped at the Purple Lizard, and toured two Air, Missile museums. It was a learning experience. It left mom and I thoroughly exhausted but happy.

Thank you Robert and Hannah for the wonderful gifts and memories.

Mom and I are now independent. Our house on wheels has been equipped with all the necessary equipment to tow the car and we are giddy with excitement of where we will be next. We can leave anytime, we have our freedom back, and we are EXCITED. I know that losing my freedom is what brought on my sadness and silence from the blogging world. Las Cruces is beautiful and it is a great town to explore but I still wanted to be able to take off when I wanted. Now I can.

I updated my webpage. It took two days because I was so far behind but pictures are online. Below are the links to my pictures. ENJOY

Click Here For Rockhound State Park

Click Here For Mesilla

Click Here For Purple Lizard

Click Here For City of Rocks

Click Here For Double Eagle

Click Here For White Sand Missile Park

Click Here For Sledding Fun

Click Here For Christmas

Location: Las Cruces

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...