Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ill

I have been sick for the past three days with a nasty stomach ailment. I wish I was nauseous the whole time but unfortunately that was not the case.

Prior to getting ill, I start to get hungry. I find myself munching on this and that throughout the day and by evening I know what is coming. It is then I start praying please let me become nauseous. The next day the illness strikes and I start eating enough to feed a third world country for a day. I am not joking.

My mother started lunch the other day, while I am lying on the couch blanketed by 57 empty packages of the 100 calories snack bags of assorted snacks. She says “Where are the hotdogs?” I put away two of them at 3:00 a.m. Then I napped for an hour and ate the hotdogs buns when I woke up. Canned tuna, clam chowder soup, a bag of potato chips with dip, two jars of peanuts, Ben and Jerry Ice Cream (Everything But The), a pot of hamburger soup, three helpings of rice, carrots, celery, bowls of cereal…… Then it is over. The illness, the insatiable appetite, and I fast for a day.

What is wrong with me? It happens every time I fall ill, unless I am nauseous. I am scared that one day I will eat everything in the house but Surely’s dog cookies and then there will be trouble.

Friday I decided to pull myself off the couch, throw away the wrappers, brush off the crumbs and get out of the house. Of course I wanted to go Furr’s Buffet but I wisely steered myself towards the mountains.

Enjoy the pictures.

Views From My Porch

Friday Drive

Location: Las Cruces

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...