Monday, March 24, 2008

Urgent Care

After a week of being ill, I persuaded mom to go to the doctors. Being sick myself, I was ready to go and put an end to this. When you call your insurance nurse she will tell you to go to an “Urgent Care” facility.

That is an oxymoron – Urgent Care Facility.

We discovered the following at this Urgent Care Facility:

1.) Don’t use the restroom. There is a bush outside that is better suited for that purpose and it has leaves.

2.) If you are young and childless, an Urgent Care Facility is wonderful birth control. Mom still has her headache and I have an aversion to anyone under three feet tall and wears a diaper.

3.) After 3 hours of waiting there is 12 people ahead of you, after five hours of waiting there is 9 people ahead of you, the odds are not good that you are going to get out of there anytime soon.

4.) The doctor will get upset with you if she finds out that you haven’t drunk anything for 6 hours even though the only water available is a drinking fountain and I am not going to get near that.

5.) There is no such think as a dress code, come as you are in your pajamas and white see through T-shirt. While you are at it bring your blankie, a pillow and stretch out on the floor. Yep it was done. I just regret not bringing my camera.

We are tired, cranky, but fully medicated and on our way to recovery. After a couple of days if we are still puny then we are going to go to Walgreens. They have a clinic there that will take mom’s insurance and if a doctor is needed they will find one that you can see that day. I did not know that Walgreens offered this service until I went there to pick up my prescriptions.

Good Night

Location: Tucson and Benson

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...