Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blues

Hannah left yesterday about 6 hours late. All of the flights to Dallas were cancelled. She didn't get a full refund and had to purchase another ticket with another airline that wasn't flying to Dallas. She called and asked me to keep her company for 5 hours. When I arrived at the airports I noticed the security was much higher than that last time I was there. It wasn't because of terrorists it was due to highly irrate people who were stranded. They did offer Hannah a flight to Chicago but she would have to spend the night in the airport.



I really enjoyed her visit.



I love cards that are unusual and have a message. I found another artist, Susan Mrosek. You can see all of her work and her cards at the Pondering Pool. I purchased several cards and slipped one of them in Hannah's backpack as a surprise. Enjoy some of artwork below, and to see the rest click on the link above.





























Location:  Tucson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very intriguing art there...Actually, very "different" coming from a female artist than what I've seen women usually produce...and "no" I'm not being sexist...just stating a "reality"...I really like it...would be nice if more lady artist's were to take the "edgy/ risky" route with their stuff!


Michael and Wanderwolf

www.dawolfdidit.com
Meanderings of Wanderwolf

Anonymous said...

Very unusual cards, and interesting words! Do you ever wonder what sets people like her apart from the rest of us?

Sorry Hannah had trouble with the flight. What the heck was going on in Dallas?

Anonymous said...

Pep,
I agree with Wanderwolf, these are great and give us all a peek at what thoughts are hidden in all of us (intriguing women). Tried to pick my fav and cannot. I don't even have a least favorite! She is amazing. Please don't tell me she's in her 20's.
You have the most amazing ability to find true treasures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you showing us these cards, I'm 40.00 poorer. But I'm going to have the funniest, most soul baring bathroom on the planet.

Anon is right. You do have a great ability to find the best on the planet.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...she has a studio... over in Tucson!....next time this ol' fool is over that direction...I do believe I'll look it/her up!...I'd love to see some of her paintings in person!

Thanks so much for the "heads up"!

Michael and Wanderwolf
www.dawolfdidit.com

Anonymous said...

awww, I miss you and LOVE my card. it is on the fridge : )

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...