Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Am Back

This month has been hectic and busy. I saw two of my kids this month and had a wonderful time with them. I am still trying to get my pictures uploaded and hopefully will have them available tonight.

Today is Father's Day! My oldest son is dealing with the loss of two of his children. Some women either through ignorance, self absorption, indifference will use their children to punish the father. Yes the separation has turned ugly and the kids are being used as pawns. Unfortunately there are no winners in this game and the kids are the ones who suffer the most. I am just so angry and frustrated by this situation, the lies, the half truths, the "pity me" blogs, that I could scream. Being a single parent I hate situations like this. It makes my blood boil. I started volunteering to learn job skills, I went to college, and my priority was my kids. I took a job that supported us and had medical benefits. I even took a second job. I lived in a 30 year old trailer that when the wind blew outside.... it blew on the inside as well. It had more holes than Swiss cheese and became a haven for wild animals. Remember the possum kids? I didn't hold the kids for ransom for more money, to have my bills paid, or just to be mean. Every day was an adventure. Just hang in there Rusty -

Surely came home the first week in June. What do you do with a little white box that holds more than just the ashes? I have seen on the Internet beautiful urns, doggie statues, porcelain boxes design to hold the cremains of your pet. That was not Surely. While my son was down, we went to Sabino Canyon and of course we had to check out the gift shop. There on a shelf was a Coyote hand puppet and that is where Surely will reside. Her little box fit inside perfect and she can ride down the road with us. When we park, she will sit on the dash overlooking her small kingdom. I am happy she is home.

Location:  Tucson and surrounding areas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Surely is grinning that grin inside the coyote. :')

Anonymous said...

I did have a great time Mom. I love and miss you both.Scott

Anonymous said...

Scott sounds like such as nice young man.

Sorry that (Rusty-aka-James) is having a rough time right now. You are 100% right about the kids suffering. I thought this younger generation is bright enough not to use the children as weapons in their splits. I know when my daughter (Libby) got her divorce they (the adults) had to go to classes on how to talk to the kids and were warned about using the kids as weapons against each other. No one in this county who has kids gets a divorce or I should say child custody without these classes. Her ex didn't show so he lost all custody rights. Fool.

I bet Surely Not is in doggy Heaven enjoying her ride. I should put my Mom's urn in the kitchen she loved to bake and to eat. Her and Dad were always kitchen table people...as are Kevin and I. Seems appropriate that "Surely Not" is in Coyote garb. Also seems appropriate that my Mom "Shirley" would sit in the kitchen.

Get it? "Surely" and "Shirley". Leave it to me to find a connection anywhere. LmbuttO.

xxxJolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...