Friday, July 18, 2008

Another Stupid Moment

Beta Blogger has so much going on right now but one of the features I discovered was the import/export function. Prior to moving to the blog I have now I made a back up of my old blog. I saved all 600+ entries and put it on disk and I also left it on my hard drive. Then I carefully went through all of my entries located in my old blog. I deleted YouTube videos, memes, and junk. Then I started the labeling process. It was a little time consuming to say the least because one thing Blogger hasn't done (or I haven't found it yet) is to make deletion of blog entries easier. It had to be done one at a time. I am an insomniac and sometimes repetitious boring work can put me to sleep. It was beneficial in an odd sort of way.

I also had over half of my entries labeled but the other have half had to be labeled. Which I did. I whittled my old blog entries to a little over 300 entries - all labeled and all ready to go.

Then I created a new blog with a new URL and I went through the process of moving my old blog to my new one. Nothing goes to plan and I received an error message. So I contacted blogger and found out there is a file size limit due to a glitch in the system.

So every other day I tried to move the old corrected blog and every other day it failed. Last night I decided to try it again and I selected the wrong file. Why didn't I put the file with all the entries and no corrections in a separate file? Why?

whywhywhywhywhyWHY.......

Last night Blogger fixed the glitch and last night all of my old blog was moved over - all 600+ entries with no corrections. The list of all of my old entries with labels is on my new blog, it isn't complete. That I will work on when I can't sleep.

If anyone gets a wild hair to do this, I have this warning for you. All of the comments on all of your old blog entries will move to. Then you have to republish your entries - which isn't hard. That means that you will be notified by email of all comments. Oh yeah. At least I have that set up correctly and I all I had to do was hit delete but it was the most emails I have ever received in my lifetime.

Location: McNeal

1 comments:

Lynilu said...

Wow, that boggles my mind!! I want to say you must have a lot of patience, my friend! Whew!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...