Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daily Life

On Wednesday we took the motorhome in for refrigerator repairs. The part they needed was in stock and it was covered by our warranty. While the RV was in the shop we drove over to the RV park we will be calling "home" for the next 6 months and selected our space. The choices were few but we are pleased with our selection.



Scott starts to work on the 4 of August and it will be a 30 minute drive for him. He will be staying with us until October. Mom and I are planning a car trip in September and it will be nice having him stay in the motorhome while we are gone.



Today was spent running around trying to get things done before moving to Marana on Friday. Grocery shopping, laundry, minor car repairs all needed to be done before the move. I plan to spend part of my weekend getting organized. We are accumulating again and we need to do a little purging. Our biggest vice is books. While at Double Adobe mom and I decided to unload a couple bags of books. Just donate them to the library and not take anymore. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We walked out of there with two bags of new books. We just can't say no to a good book!



Thanks Hannah for the kind words and inspiration. You are indeed a rare jewel.



Deanie thanks for the warning about bears.  Click on photo to enlarge it.







Location:  Tucson Arizona

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

While you're at Marana, I'd like to suggest that you visit here, http://www.arizonafolklore.com/events.htm.
I'll admit I've not visited the reserve, but I strongly recommend catching one of Dolan Ellis' performances there. He is the Official AZ State Balladeer and does a wonderful collection of his own songs and songs of others about AZ and the Southwest, and is very enjoyable, to say the least. He's one of the original members of the New Christy Minstrels, and I go see them most times that they perform here in Ruidoso. He is absolutely my favorite of all of them for his style and the quality of performance. I think you and your mom would both enjoy his show.

:)

Lynilu said...

PS - Actually Scott would probably enjoy the show, too, unless he is just a total metal head or something!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH...love the bear warning. Too funny. Too true too. Sounds like you are busy taking care of business so that you all can nest peaceably for a few months. I swear girl you are living my dream.
AND: I love that you seem to be enjoying it.

Me too with the books. Always a whole slue of them sitting around. Even magazines.

I hate to say this...but the woman in the store...the clerk...people are dangerous out there. You must always be careful and aware. It sure does put a damper on things but better safe then sorry. F-ing freaks. I have made plans to wear big full skirts so that I can have a hand gun holstered to one thigh and a big sharo knife on the other when I next travel. Especially if I am alone. What has our world come to that a seemingly normal woman has to think sich things?

xxxjolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...