Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hurt

My poor mother looks like she has gone three rounds with Mohammad Ali and the way she is feeling I am sure she will win on the fourth round. There is nothing worse than having a bad tooth. We will be off to the dentist on Monday.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Good food, great conversation and enough left overs from the veggie tray to make hamburger soup. Which by the way, is in the crock pot and the house smells so good. I will put the recipe on my blog if anyone is interested. It is mom's recipe and not mine so it is edible.

I am considering putting a pay pal button on my blog requesting donations to feed the birds. I put food out last night and by noon today it was empty. Looking out the window now I see 20 birds sitting on the branches of the tree, all of them peering in. There is nothing more disconcerting than having all those eyes looking at you.

One of the topic of conversation yesterday was humidity. It is monsoon season and so the humidity is up but nothing like when I went to Ceibal (say-BALL). We went by river and the hike to the ruins was a little rough because the humidity was over 100%. I was carrying camera equipment and water. Hannah had the worse of it. Mosquitoes must love her because she was a cloud during the trek. I carry extra mosquito repellant and we had her covered it. I am amazed she didn't get sick.

The humidity is climbing here but it isn't to uncomfortable. The cloud cover is amazing and the shadows of the clouds change the mountains.

The birds are now hanging on the side of the window. This is pure Hitchcock folks. How do you tell these little feathery beasts that I am trying to conserve food until I get to town.

Last night, like many nights, I couldn't sleep. I curled up on the couch with a book and heard an owl's song. Low and deep. It had to be in the tree by the RV because he drowned out the frogs. I just shut my book and my eyes and listened.

I was talking to James aka Rusty this morning and sharing songs. Which is typical for us but the internet kicked us off before I could share a Johnny Cash song with him. It was on his last CD and the song is haunting. Hannah, I think you will like this as well.







I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real
the needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
but I remember everything
what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
and you could have it all
my empire of dirt

I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
beneath the stains of time
the feelings disappear
you are someone else
I am still right here

what have I become?
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end
and you could have it all
my empire of dirt

I will let you down
I will make you hurt

if I could start again
a million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way




Photobucket

Location: McNeal

2 comments:

noisysmile said...

that is the most remarkable music video I have ever seen. the way he looks at the camera at times just chills me to the bones. I'm glad you told me more about him because I wouldn't have gotten much of the song. thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

This song was originally a "Nine Inch Nails" song and I was stunned at how much more I enjoyed the Johnny Cash version.

I have his last album. I listened to it for the first time with two friends of mine. As soon las the album finished I told them it was his farewell album and he was going to die soon.

Three days later he died...

True story. I love his last album.

DirkStar

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...