Sunday, August 31, 2008

Road Tripping

Robin I didn't forget. Click here to view petroglyphs.

I have called them picture rocks since I was a kid but there are actually petroglyph.  A petroglyph is an image that was pecked or carved onto a boulder's surface.  A pictograph is an image that was painted on a boulder's surface with yucca fiber brushes and natural pigments made from native plants and animal blood.

Tomorrow we off to the Land of Oz and we are hoping to see Dorothy's house.

Pictures from our hotel window.

 
 



Location: Albuquerque

3 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks, Pepper! Great info and photos....

noisysmile said...

you know you really need to have a bug alert or something on your pictures. that way I don't have nightmares after seeing them! that thing was roughly the size of the one I found in my washing machine.

I cannot wait to see you!

Lynilu said...

Well, you must be there by now. Hope your trip was uneventful after ABQ. It has been raining almost everyday here for, oh, about 10 days, I think. Say Hi to Dorothy!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...