Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dodge City

We made it to Dodge City Kansas. We have seen corn, cows, a few llamas, and the dreaded feeder lots. We learned not to leave the windows open because the car will fill up with flies in a matter of seconds.

We spent last night in Liberal Kansas and made it to Dorothy's house. If you are ever in Liberal Kansas or even close to it I highly recommend going to to see Dorothy. It was a wonderful tour. I will be posting pictures as soon as I am feeling up to it. My allergies are very bad.

We are taking back roads and seeing a lot of the country. We are also stopping at a lot of cemeteries. Logan Kansas Cemetery was wonderful. I love the homemade stones. Some of which are quite old and I hope someone has taken pictures of these stones. They are deteriorating and it would be a shame to lose them entirely. All of the cemeteries are well maintained and lovingly tended.

I am going to take an allergy pill and hit the sack. All is well.

Location: Dodge City







3 comments:

noisysmile said...

ooooh you're getting closer! I cannot wait to see you guys! And yes, pictures please!

Kathie Brown said...

I love the close-ups of the grave stones. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm glad my blogpost brought back your memories of grasshopper catching and I'm more than pleased that I was able to help you identify those grasshoppers. They were new for me also but some research revealed what I was seeing.

Lynilu said...

Did you visit any cemeteries in Liberal? If so you might have walked by the graves of all 4 of my grandparents.

Drive carefully. That girl of yours is eager to see you, isn't she? :)

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...