Wednesday, October 01, 2008

In Time Like These

To the all of the bloggers caught in the frenzy of the bail out this does not pertain. I have been watching with interest the financial crisis our country is in, I have an opinion but that is not what this blog is about.

Lately my attention has been focused on family, making some difficult decisions, and of course getting Lulu taken care of. I have been trying to help my oldest son, Rusty aka James with his situation. It is hard to be a single parent but it is very difficult to be a single father of a child with special needs. He has sole custody of his oldest child from a previous marriage. He is still separated from his second wife and I don't see a reconciliation in the future. He is dealing with drafting an IEP for her, finding her services that will help her, and trying to figure how to finance the services she needs. He did find out that the school will provide physical, speech, occupational therapy and psychological counseling but he will still need to continue her afternoon therapies. When I spent a few days with her this summer I did see a lot of positive changes in her. She is severely developmentally delayed but her speech and social skills have improved.

Lulu had a pill bottle of teeth removed besides her reproductive organs. She is up and moving around today. She is eating and drinking and of course we all know what happens after you do that. The only time I heard her cry out today was when she was pulling on her leash. She almost chased a butterfly but stopped herself. She is not 100% but she is on the road to recovery.

Mom and I are considering putting down roots in Arizona but that will not stop us from traveling. We just love it here. Hot weather and all. There is nothing like the desert and for those that love lots of trees, water, and lush green grass..... I cannot explain to you why I love it here. Is it the history? The landscape? The spectacular sunrises and sunsets? It is all of that and more.

There is a lot going on in the little house on wheels right now. I need, like so many other people, a diversion. Something that will take my mind off of life's trials and tribulations. Tonight I saw the final show of America's Got Talent. There was a singer that captured my attention from the beginning, he made me drop everything and stare at awe at the old boob tube. Being an operatic singer I figured he had absolutely no chance in heck to win or so I thought but he did.

For those that haven't been watching or won't admit to watching, here is Neal E Boyd.






Photobucket

8 comments:

noisysmile said...

I was so incredibly disappointed when he won. sure, he's an awesome singer, but every time nuttin but strings came on everyone was out of their seats, both there and here, freaking out. I was ready to fly to las vegas to see them perform. and you know how I feel about las vegas.
but I'm sure they won't disappear.
I'm glad lulu is better. is she gaining any weight at all?

Pepper McKean said...

Lulu gained an ounce or two and that is all. She eats like a porker and is filling out in all the right places.

All of the top 5 was excellent but Neil beyond that. No I can't imagine you in Las Vegas...

Lynilu said...

The love of the desert is something indescribable. It just is. I understand it, although I have to be out of the heat in the summer, thus my love for the mountain surrounded by desert! The Southwest is something very special. I'm glad you like it, too.

Happy to hear Lulu is doing OK. In a week or so, you won't know she was anything but herself!

I'm feeling a heavy weight these days, too, because of the economy.I'll keep you in my thoughts if you'll do the same for me, OK?

Michael said...

You're over in the area Southeast of Sierra Vista, aren't you?

Perhaps ol' Wanderwolf and I will eventually "run into" you...since it does look like this ol' fool is gonna be "stuck" around the Southern Arizona area for a while, as well.

Thank Gawd I also have fallen in love with the deserts here! I particularly love the Patagonia Mtns, San Rafael Valley, and Canelo Hills area...plus, it's all close enough to the Tucson VA for me to "take care of my health stuff" as well.

I can think of "worse places" to be while we wait for the dust to settle...

Take Care, Hon, and Good Luck with what's ahead!

Nikki said...

Im a little confused why you wouldnt see reconciliation in the future.Actually James and I are getting a long very well and have been spending more time together. We are currently taking baby steps which we both feel is the best thing to do.We both still have a lot of work to do.We are keeping a positive and open mind to what the future may hold.I hope all is well with you and we love you very much :o)

Michael said...

awww Hell I E...give the Lady "credit"...she comes on a "public forum" and asks you to be "patient" with her and your son?...bet that's a hell of a lot more "decent" than ol' Sarah did to her sister's ex...ya think?

Give the kid's a break, Hon...let them decide whether or not it's "do-able"...

noisysmile said...

wow michael beat me to it. I was going to say something similar. I'll admit that I'm impressed. It's nice to hear about them from them. you know what I mean jellybean?

Anonymous said...

He is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.

xxxJolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...