Friday, October 03, 2008

OMG The Walls Are Closing In

I asked the RV dealer about maintaining the RV when it sits for long periods of time. I was advised to start it on once a month. Today was the day for outside maintenance, starting the engine, and leveling the unit. I have two slide outs that have to be pulled in or the motor won’t start. When I hit the button to pull the bedroom slide in, Lulu froze. She just stood there and stared. Then second one started in and Lulu headed for her sanctuary (her kennel) but it wasn’t there!

She did not like it one bit! First her happy home is collapsing and her sanctuary has been moved.

Then the final kick in the proverbial teeth came when I turned the motor on. That poor thing had been drug all over the country in a car, she finally comes home and gets all settled in thinking she will never have to hear the roar of the motor.

She found out today that her entire home is a car.

The slides are out, the motor isn’t on, and her home has returned to normal but she hasn’t left her kennel since.

I will find a place for her kennel so she can go hide the next time I have to do this.

Photobucket

3 comments:

noisysmile said...

poor dog. just wait until her home moves

Lynilu said...

LOL! My dogs sympathize with Lulu. Their issues of adjustment have been different, but still scary. Poor things, what we put them through!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Lulu...give her a huge from me. My dog was a chicken of many things also and she was a 105 pound Chocolate Lab/Chesapeake mix. I so loved her. I swear she was a Chihuahua in her mind. As a matter of fact my Dad's Chihuahua used to gallop through the deep snow and Pooh would tiptoe out with sad eyes like I was trying to kill her when putting her out to go pee.

Of course she was such a girly-girl and the Chihuahua was a fierce boy.

Pooh would run out to her kennel (which we keep in the heated porch) when she'd get frightened too.

xxxJolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...