Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Watch What You Say In Jest

When I was working on the first garden I was pulling everything out of there except for the kitchen sink.  I found marbles, screws, nails, contact lenses, dog flops etc.  One of the men that was working on the roof made a comment on the items I found and I said, in jest, "I haven't found a body."

Scott found one tucked under a palo verde tree.  It was a small grave with some of the rocks missing.  I told him we will rerock the grave and place a marker stating simply "Unknown Puppy."  Spirits are sensitive to renovations.  There has been reports about quiet spirits that "come alive" during a renovation.  Normally these types of spirits don't stick around long but sometimes they don't leave.  Maybe our little spirit will be the four legged kind.

I met one of our neighbors, a gentleman with lots of kind words, generous offerings... the kind of conversation that is laced with innuendos and a threat.  I had to reassure him several times that I wasn't going to tear down my house and subdivide.  That I was going to move a small brush pile that was five feet on his property.  I also told him that the fire department doesn't randomly go on people's property looking for brush.

You can imagine my adrenaline rush when I looked in the rear view mirror this morning and saw a fire truck.  I thought "OMG they are after me."    I found a a landscape company that will take away my little brush pile plus finish up on the courtyard and I would be really upset me if I suddenly have to hire someone just to remove the brush pile.  If that happened then the courtyard would have to stay the way it is.  

Yes I was very nice to my neighbor.  You never know. 

This week all of the big jobs are DONE!!!!!!!   The rest of the month will be spent on handyman "stuff" and lots of refinishing work.   Tomorrow we will have heat in the house.  You could say "Life Is Warm."


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Pepper and crew.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas in your new home. Pink walls and all. Are you putting up a Christmas tree? Perhaps a Christmas Catus would be nice. I had two of them once (I guess it takes two) for them to flower...at least that is what I was told and the flowers were wonderful. They were red and Christmasy.

Your neighbor guy doesn't sound like much of a gentleman to me. Want me to put a hex on him? Just kidding...I play nice. Mostly.

You need a furnace in Arizona? Are you a wimp? Gosh come spend a week here and you'll never need heat in the south again. (smile) Of course you'd never come back here again either. Dammed past nippy of late.
Sub-zero temps and snow up to my eyeballs. I ask who really needs the white stuff? Not me.

Anyhow I hope the whole Holiday Season is a happy time for you and yours. Enjoy and eat lots of good food.

Love...Jolie

Robin said...

Just stopping by to wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Hope all is well....

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...