Monday, December 08, 2008

La La La Life Is Wonderful

My days are spent at the house and the last few days have been spent digging out the unkempt gardens and replacing plants with rocks.  My type of garden - rocks.  You don't have to water it, don't have to weed it, and you don't have to worry about it.  Truth is I am going to put out a pot garden.

No, no, no - not the wacky weed.  Pretty pots with plants.  Since Scott will be living there I will wait until mom and I are ready to move out of the little house on wheels.  I am going to hire a landscaper and have them do the circular garden in the middle of the courtyard and Scott will be in charge of maintaining that.  The hummingbirds love what is in there now and I am going to replicate it.  The landscapers will also haul of all of the plant debris that has piled up. 

The air conditioner/heat installers showed up today and by the end of the week I will have that installed.  The only problem is they are going to take up half of my closet space.  I have two bedrooms with a small shared closet that is going to get smaller.  I have been sitting on Scott's bed staring at the closet and coming up with some  solutions. 

Lulu is feeling much better and hopefully tomorrow night I can start working with her.  I appreciate everyone's advice and I am going to give her dog food as a treat.  I figure if she eats in the morning and doesn't eat the rest of the day then she will be hungry enough to accept her dog food as a treat.

Yes Hannah I am getting excited!  I figure that Robert and you are going to be cheap labor and I am lining up some fun jobs you two can do! 





Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Couldn't the a/c be installed in an outside shelter? Even if it had to be built, it would save closet space.

I'm glad Lulu is feeling better. Poor baby.

And I love your (rather sneaky) solution to labor costs .... forced "child" labor!! LOL!

noisysmile said...

You know I'm not sure I would sacrifice closet space for a little heat or ac. . .

and you just think you're so cute, don't you? if you force us to do child labor : ) I'm going to force you to listen to britney spears : )

deal?

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...