Sunday, January 11, 2009

Papa Doctor

Hannah - Papa Doctor is Granny's husband, his father was William Alma Richardson, his grandfather was William Alma, and his great grandfather was Ebenezer.  The name "Alma" is prevalent in Richardson genealogy, on the male side.  It is one of the books that make up the Book of Mormon.

Out of all of the names in our genealogy, there are some that I find interesting. Knowing your interest in names and their origins, Hannah, I know you will be searching for unusual names when you receive the family history. One of the names is Benoni.  Benoni is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "son of my sorrow". Further research on Benoni shows that he died in infancy.

Mourning is another name that creeps in our family tree.  I have seen Mindwell, Buena Vista, Virtue, Prudence.... 

Hannah your were named after your gg grandmother.  That is what a name is... a gift.  We all know what happens when you open a gift on Christmas and it is a fruit cake.  A name is also a story, a history lesson.... it is needle and thread that keeps the quilt pieces together. 

Names and origins of my family
Hannah - In Hebrew, the name Hannah means- Favor; grace.
Scott - In Scottish, the name Scott means- Scottish; wanderer..
James - In Hebrew, the name James means- He grasps the heel. Supplanter.
Hayden In English, the name Hayden means- the rosy meadow.
Jaeda - orginated as an Arabian name means goodness
Isabel-  In Spanish, the name Isabel means- consecrated to god. In English - my God is bountiful; God of plenty
Jane - In Hebrew, the name Jane means- Gift from God

I loved what Vanna White said when she was pregnant and asked what name she was going to give her child, she said "I don't know, I haven't met him yet."

1 comments:

noisysmile said...

thank you. Although the repeated names are still a tad confusing.

rusty-LOL!

Robert went to South Carolina today. And I'm still on mac strike (I refuse to use my mac), so no pictures. I'll have a normal computer sometime this week though. I haven't even seen the pictures we took on the way back!

Love you snookums

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...