Monday, January 12, 2009

Tucson Animal Rescue

One of the topics of discussion between my mother and myself this month was “should we get a sibling for Lulu?” After weighing the pros and cons, we decided to find a sibling.

I was not aware of how difficult it is to get a dog. Even if we wanted a big, black dog, it would still be difficult if not impossible. I can understand the adoption fees because it does take money to take care of a dog. What I don’t understand is the mountains of paperwork, home studies, home visits before and after adoption. I can adopt a child before I can adopt a dog.

I had children and I would prefer a dog – no offense Hannah and Scott, Rusty would agree with me.

Anyway I found someone that agreed to meet me in a park today at 5:30. This way Lulu can meet her future sibling and this would give mom and I a chance to interact with our future companion. Well, we were stood up. I think the reason for this is I refused to have a home visit done. I feel if we lived in a house and not a motor home we would stand a better chance.

During the drive home we decided that if we should come across another dog, like we did with Lulu, we will consider it. Tucson Animal Rescues are just too invasive and there is just too much paperwork.

Lulu had a great time today. We went over to the house to visit with Scott and Bernie. Bernie has been under quarantine for kennel cough and we haven’t seen him in 10 days. He is a different dog. Lulu and Bernie started playing and running throughout the house, chairs were being knocked over, they would jump on and off the couch - they were having a grand old time. They were until we put a stop to them tearing up the few pieces of furniture inside the house. We then went to the park at 5:00, so she was able to spend an hour and 15 minutes, walking and singing and sniffing and checking the p-mail.

It was a disappointing day for us and a grand day for Lulu.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Who cares if you were stood up.

Lulu sounds like she's adapting.

And WELL.

noisysmile said...

I can't believe you were stood up. That's unbelievable. I'm sorry mom. I know how much you were looking forward to meeting another alien dog. Don't lose hope though! If it's meant to happen, it will!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...