Friday, February 27, 2009

House Update And Other Things

The house has been "stuccoed." It is now grey in color on one side and pink on the other. We haven't decided on the color. We gave the paint book to Scott and we haven't heard what his opinion is. We are probably going to try to match the color the house already is so the expense won't be so much.
We needed a handy man for odd jobs around the house. We compiled a list of jobs and started calling. What we heard was "that's a remodeling job, I don't remodel." So, securing an island in the kitchen requires calling a company that remodels kitchen. Putting up shelves in the bathroom requires a company that remodels bathroom. There is also companies that remodels closets too......  What happened to the common handyman?

Since purchasing the house, Scott has become an instant handyman with no idea of what he is doing and fortunately he is quick. Thanks to him he has ice in the freezer, the framework on one side of the house is done, the lights outside have been extended and hung. I am sure there are other things he has figured out how to do and done.

Yes, there has been good things that has happened and I keep that in mind when I get upset. One of the good things have been the landscaping people. After receiving the threat from my neighbor about my brush pile, I had to resort to finding a brush hauling person on the internet. To me that was scary but I was desperate. Along came Jason, his company hauled off the three brush piles I requested and then hauled off a couple more without charge. Before they left one of the crew member told me "your road sucks."

Well I called back two weeks later and they fixed my road, put up a gate, hauled off another brush pile, fixed the irrigation system....... and before they left one of the crew members said, "You really need to paint the outside of your house."   I will probably call them for a bid.  It is interesting to me, that in hard times when jobs are scarce and money is tight the only people that want to work is the landscaping people.

Yes, I have been crabby lately. Crabby enough to send Lulu running to her house with one look and I am sure that mom would like to join her. I don't want to blog, I don't want to go for a walk, and I sure as hell don't want to deal with people. Like Greta Garbo I just want to be left alone.  I have given up the smokes.  I had to go cold turkey because the medicine is expensive and it made me ill.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Yes, Ma'am.

Anonymous said...

Who says I would fit in Lulu's Kennel?

noisysmile said...

Oh mom it's worth it. Pickles and prunes and peanut butter oh my. You should try flat earth chips. they're not too bad for you, and they really hit the spot. My favorite is tomato ranch I think. I am also a fan of bran flakes. they really fill me up and keep things controlled down there if you know what I mean. And I think there's lowfat peanut butter, but um yea that just sounds like a bad idea.

Robin said...

My neighbor Reva is on Chantix and says she's gaining a ton of weight. I can't tell.

I'm getting ready to try it myself. I'll wish us both luck.....

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...