Monday, April 27, 2009

Who's Bright Idea Was This?

We are still painting the living room.  The walls in the living room have been stuccoed which is a porous material, rough, and in some places fragile.  We are learning the art of repair as we go.  If I knew how to use a sprayer I would use it and I would have this room knocked out in no time flat.  Nor do I know anyone that can show me how so it is being done by hand and roller.  It is a pain in the neck and back.  We are just a couple of hours away from finishing the living room and I am so ready for this to be done, over, finished.

We are calling in the painters because of the bathroom.  It was painted turquoise blue and we wanted a lighter shade of blue.  A friendlier blue.  The folks that have been remodeling the house suggested that we prime it, and use semi-gloss latex paint.   Which we did but the paint is peeling off the walls in various places.  OMG  I do not know what the heck we did or rather I did but I did something wrong.  My son just walks into the room, shakes his head, and walks out.  I have another bathroom to do and I am going to have to hire someone to do both bathrooms so this won't happen again.

Yesterday was also a bad day for the pups.  When I turned onto the dirt road that leads to my house I saw a coyote.  Which I thought was odd seeing one late morning.  The coyote stayed pretty close to the house so I was overly protective of Lu and Fi.  To a coyote they are large rats.  They were confined and not happy.  Maybe today they can play in the courtyard.

Later.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Did you prime the bathroom with Kilz? I don't know if that would make a difference, but I thought I'd mention it. I hope you get it figured out.

Poor Lulu & Fifi. I know my guys think I'm abusing them when I make them stay in. If you stay there long, it might be good to build them a run, big enough for them to really run around in, and put some chicken wire over the top. That would let them be safe and still get outside.

noisysmile said...

OH the frustrations of painting! we only have one room done : )

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...