Friday, April 24, 2009

Popcorn Tree

In the fertile minds of children there are Popcorn Trees. Stately, beautiful trees, with fluffy white edible popcorn balls that bloom year round. Like a dogwood tree, it is very difficult to grow a popcorn tree, the conditions have to be just right and it takes a very special place to grow one. Only children know of this special place to plant a popcorn tree seed..... To think and to dream like a child again.... Wouldn't that be wonderful?


James aka Rusty kids will stick things in their nose, their ears, and other orifices. You three kids ate spare change, stuck couch stuffing up your noses, and you know the story about Uncle Ray losing his hearing.

I will repeat it for those that don't know. I was given my name because my brother couldn't say my real name. When he tried to say my name it came out "Bepper." My wise ma decided it is better to go through life as a Pepper than a Bepper. Prior to my birth my mother noticed that Ray wasn't hearing as well and it wasn't selective hearing issues. When the doctor took a look in his ears he found two red, warty growths...... My brother had stuck two red crayons in his ears and forever altered his ability to hear and speak. James aka Rusty be happy it was popcorn seeds that Isabel planted in her ear. No honey, there is no reason for her doing it except it was there and there was an opening. Simple.

At least I heard about one of my little no seeums aka grandchildren. So life is good.

How About A Little Music?



1 comments:

noisysmile said...

Oh but mom you are BEAUTIFUL and I will always tell you that : )

This atheist quote makes me giggle, but it's serious you know?

so there's no popcorn tree growing inside isabel huh? but she TRIED.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...