Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Odd Than Ends

MY KIDS
 
THE BLANKET
Christmas 2007 Hannah gave me a frog blanket for Christmas.  For reasons beyond me, Surely Not, my geriatric puppy copped onto it.  She adored my frog blanket.  The last two months of her life I would put her blanket in her kennel.  By that time she was having accidents and so the blanket was being washed to death.  I made sure she had it.  Then one day she pooped all over it and I had to throw it away.  I told Hannah to please buy another one for her but Hannah was unable to locate one.  A couple months ago she was at friend's house and Hannah's friend had a frog blanket identical to Surely's.  That was one of my mother's day present.

ON DYING
Right outside my courtyard is an ancient fish hook cactus.  The other day Scott noticed it was leaking copious amounts of water.  It was like it was bleeding.  It appears it is slowly dying like the agave that is in front of the house.  The agave will produce a  stalk, sometimes 40 feet tall, it will bloom then the plant dies.  
 
  
  
 
 
I AM NOT LOST....  YES I AM
 Yesterday, late afternoon Hannah and I decided to take advantage of the remaining daylight hours and go for a walk around the neighborhood.  
BIG MISTAKE
We got lost in a massive subdivision.  We were deep in conversation that we kind of lost track of time. Then I noticed it was getting dark and then I noticed we were lost in a sea of adobe.  All those darn houses look the same.  It was rather unnerving.  I asked Hannah if she knew where we were and, so we kept walking until we found a busier street.  That street led us to the main road.  It was about 2 1/2 hours before we found our way out of there.  


NATURE
 
  
  

I WOULD LOVE TO BE LOVED LIKE THAT
 
 
Whenever Scott leaves the house Bernie jumps up on the couch and just stares at him.  Old Bernie just adores Scott.

OH STEER PIZZLE or DID YOU HONESTLY READ WHAT THE INGREDIENT IS IN YOUR DOG'S SNACK........
It is just a polite way of saying Bull Penis.  This was purchased at Trader Joes.  Since this is a G rated blog I didn't take a picture of the snack...... Just joking.

4 comments:

Robin said...

While waiting to find out what sort of animal traveled in my Jeep's engine to the dealership on a flatbed tow truck, I looked up 'steer pizzle'.

Did you know there are two You Tube entries with that title?

Thanks for more information than I probably needed to know, and tell that girl of yours 'hello'.

Lynilu said...

You need a portable GPS to take on your walks!

Love the pictures, especially of the cactus blooms. I noticed one of mine is about to bloom, too. The plant looks as bad as your "bleeding" cactus, but it is going to bloom!

Steer pizzle? Steer pizzle??? Lawdy.

Have fun with that girl of yours. :) I get to see mine in a few weeks, too!!

Kate said...

2 1/2 hours lost!? In a SUBDIVISION!? They must make 'em big around your way!
Great post!

Anonymous said...

Steer pizzle...OMG, I thought Gonads was the name. I love the blog world I learn something new every day. (LOL) They say we are making our pets become cannibals. This could be true.

Love the photos. I always feel like I have made a trip to the dessert after I look at them. I'm still taking peeks at the photos of your wonderful home.

They should have the adobe homes painted in multi colors so people don't get lost in a sea of muddy colored homes.

Great that you and Hanna got lost though...all that extra time to chat her up. (S)

Love J-

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...